AFED works to achieve its goals through the following course:
- Issuing a periodical report on the state of the environment and natural resources in the Arab world, with an emphasis on evaluating the progress towards the realization of sustainable development targets, as well as examining Arab contribution to global environmental endeavors.
- Convening regularly to discuss regional reports on environmental matters and to investigate their impact on the process of sustainable development in the Arab world, with subsidiary meetings to discuss issues of special concern or specific sub-regional problems.
- Working with the business community in the Arab world to develop a Corporate Environmental Responsibility Programme, adopt sustainable practices and move towards cleaner production technologies.
- Encouraging scientific research on current and emerging environmental issues in the Arab world.
- Cooperating with the media and the advertising sectors to promote environmental awareness through various tools.
- Working with educational institutions, universities, and research centres towards the development of environmental education programmes at all levels, both for promoting constructive environmental behaviour and attitudes, and building up capacities in the domains of environmental sciences and management.
- Supporting networking of NGO’s active in the domain of environment and development and coordinating joint programmes among them.
Read this text in Estonian